Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Whenever you're ready...

36 weeks...it's gone so fast. I can't believe it. I have moments where I'm ready to be done, and others where I can't imagine not feeling her move all the time. Last week we had our first weekly appointment. It went well. Uncomfortable, but good. Last week I was 1 cm dilated but not thinning at all. So we were started, but nothing to get excited about.
We had a great Thanksgiving with both families. Lots of food (not that I need another excuse to eat) and fun with family. I had some spotting and such throughout the weekend, but didn't think much of it.
Then today we had another appointment and while I'm still only about 1 cm, I am 50% effaced! That's big in one week! My doctor said I should try to stay within an hour of the hospital, just in case. Everyone keeps thinking I'm going to go early, but we'll see. Like I said, I can't wait for her to be here; to meet her and hold her, but I'm gonna miss her movements and hiccups. John got to use the doppler to listen to her heartbeat today at our appointment. But he didn't have much luck. She was a bit of a brat. Everytime he moved it to find her, she would move again. So the doctor ended up doing it and there she was, she still tried to move away, but she wouldn't let her. : ) The doctor said that spotting last week was the lining thinning. So we were told anytime she's ready at this point. She could be here anytime now. So, we're nervous, excited and every emotion possible all at once.
We're still guessing that she's a little over 5lbs. So she's still smaller, but it's only an estimate of course. Not that I'm complaining about a small baby. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment